Transfer Admissions

Upper Division Transfer Requirements

You will qualify as an upper division transfer student if you:

  • Complete a minimum of 60 transferable semester or 90 quarter units
  • Have at least a cumulative 2.0 GPA
  • Are in good standing at the last college or university attended
  • Complete 30 units which meet CSU general education requirements with a grade of €œC- €œor better. These units must include the following four courses with a C- or better:
  • (A1) Oral Communication/Speech
    (A2) Written English Composition
    (A3) Critical Thinking/Logic
    (B4) Math/Quantitative Reasoning (which is above the level of intermediate algebra)
  • Complete the above requirements by the designated deadlines:
    Fall admission- coursework must be completed by the Spring semester prior to enrollment. Summer work is not accepted.
    Spring 2017 admission- fall 2016 coursework will be accepted for admission.

​​Biological Sciences & Kinesiology Major Requirements

In addition to the upper division transfer requirements, transfers wanting to declare the Biological Sciences or Kinesiology majors must complete the following prerequisites with a minimum grade of C- or better:

Biological Sciences

  • General Biology I—BIOL 1050 or equivalent
  • General Biology II—BIOL 1150 or equivalent
  • General Chemistry I—CHEM 1100 or equivalent
  • General Chemistry I Lab—CHEM 1102 or equivalent
  • General Chemistry II—CHEM 1110 or equivalent
  • General Chemistry II Lab—CHEM 1112 or equivalent



  • Principles of Biology—BIOL 1010 or equivalent
  • World of Biology—BIOL 1020 or equivalent
  • Human Physiology—ZOOL 2235 or equivalent
  • Human Anatomy—ZOOL 2260 or equivalent

Transfers who meet the upper division requirements, but not the prerequisite requirements will be admitted as Undeclared with an interest in their desired major.

Transfer Resources

ASSIST California Community College students can find course equivalents and how they can be applied to their major when transferred
TAG The Transfer Admission Guarantee Program (TAG) offers admissions to eligible students from local community colleges
GE Grid This Grid lists the certified CSU GE courses from the following community colleges: Columbia, Merced, Modesto and Delta
Pre-Licensure Grid The Pre-Licensure Articulation Grid gives comparable lower division course preparation for students transferring from local community colleges.
Liberal Studies Grid The Liberal Studies Articulation Grid lists courses that fulfill the subject matter waiver requirements for the major and credentialing for students transferring from local community colleges.
Associate Degree for Transfer Eligible California community college students who have earned an AA-T or AS-T in select majors will be granted priority admission to the CSU
Humphrey's Articulation Humphrey’s College course-to-course articulation and applicable General Education-Breadth Credit.
SJVC Articulation CSU General Education-Breadth Certification List for San Joaquin Valley College
Heald Articulation CSU General Education-Breadth Certification List for Heald College