Welcome to Blackboard 9.1
Warrior Username - your StanState e-mail address before the @ symbol
(i.e., SBond@csustan.edu - Warrior Username is sbond, not case sensitive)
Forgot your Warrior Username?
Instructors: Assign Portfolios
See also - Portfolium
- We recommend Firefox for Blackboard
- Issues? Try Google Chrome
- Mac users - try Safari
- We do not recommend MS Internet Explorer or Edge
- Keep your browser up to date
- Bb, Inc., browser support
- Generally, some browsers work better than others for different Bb activities,
- often depending on your personal computer settings.
- For browser issues, try clearing your browser's cache.
- Keep browser, plugins, and related software up to date.
- If you see warnings or exceptions, click the button labeled
Accept or Continue to update your information.
- Use Firefox for most Bb work.
- Keep your operating system and virus protection up to date.
- Avoid using an Internet Service Provider custom browser (e.g., AOL, Charter, Comcast).
- For best results, use a wired, High-Speed Internet connection (e.g., Cable, DSL)
Bb Best Practices
- Test Taking
- Use a computer with a wired connection,
i.e., Avoid mobile devices and wireless (WiFi) connections.
- Use only Bb navigation buttons and links.
- Click links or buttons once and wait as necessary.
- Follow the Test Taking Tips.
- If you encounter an issue, contact your instructor.
- Submitting Files
When submitting assignments, attaching documents, uploading files
- Use only letters, numerals, hyphens, and underscores in the file name.
- Other characters or spaces may corrupt the file and make it unusable.
- Limit the file name to 64 or fewer characters.
- Close the file and quit the file's application before uploading.
- Media Files
- Use a Stan State Communication and Collaboration Tool.
- Embed a YouTube or other streaming video link.
- Upload a small MP4 using web standard H.264 codec for video playback.
- Upload a small MP3 for audio playback.
Mac Firefox Spell Check - Special Clicks
To select the correctly spelled word in the Spell Check menu on Mac OS in FireFox
1. Click to place the cursor in the word with the red underline,
2. Press and hold the Control key,
While holding, press and hold the left mouse button/Track Pad,
3. Release the Control key first, then release the mouse button/Track Pad.
The Suggestion menu remains for you to select the correct spelling.
Repeat as necessary.
(Spell Check responds normally in Safari and Chrome on Mac OS)
Stan State Communication and Collaboration Tools
- Camtasia - screen recording with editing
- Collaborate - web conferencing
- Mediasite - lecture capture and content streaming
- VoiceThread - voice and video collaboration, lecture recording
- YouTube - add your own video to a Bb page
- Zoom - online meetings and presentations, virtual office hours
Spring 2017 Bb Maintenance
- Removal of 4-year old courses
- Winter and Spring 2013
- Census Date - Feb. 22, 2017
- Faculy may download or export content