The Work-Study Program is a federally funded grant program which provides employment for either undergraduate or graduate students to help with the cost of education. If you have additional questions, see FAQs or a Financial Aid Advisor during walk-in hours. Please call (209) 667-3336.
Only Students who have a Federal Work-Study award; MyCSUSTAN may apply for jobs through the Work-Study Program.
- Federal Work-Study recipients may begin seeking their job placements as early as August.
- Students may begin working the first day of each semester; or the date the hiring process is completed, whichever date is later.
- If this is your First-time receiving Federal Work-Study funds; you must fill out the Student Assistant Employment Application and submit it to the appropriate department you're applying for.
- Once the department has hired you, fill out the forms listed below.
- Only first time Federal Work-Study recipients need to submit forms to the Payroll Office in Human Resources, located in the Mary Stuart Rogers Educational Services Gateway Suite #320. (Building #27 see map)
- The Federal Work-Study Authorization Form (obtained by hiring department) must be completed before you begin working.
- NOTE: Your Federal Work-Study award may be canceled after September. if you have not found employment. Cancellation is for the entire academic year.
Interested in a Work-Study Position
- If students were not originally awarded Work-Study and wish to receive Federal Work-Study, submit a written request to add work-study to your financial aid award, if funding becomes available you will be contact by our Office.
- Funding is quite limited.