Posting an event online will help draw people to your event. Below are a few best practices for submitting your event. Please also read the Submission Guidelines & Requirements to ensure you meet all requirements before submitting an event.
When writing your title, make sure it can stand alone so the reader will have an understanding of your event even if only the title is displayed. Some versions of the calendar will display only the title without the description.
COEKSW "Commitment to Action" Writing Workshop
Labeling the event COEKSW and using quotation marks for “Commitment to Action” provides clarity that Commitment to Action is a specific item for COEKSW. Describing the event as a writing workshop shows that it is about writing the commitment to action, rather than brainstorming or completing the action.
Commitment to Action Workshop
This provides no context about what the Commitment to Action is or what the workshop is about.
Learn to write your COEKSW Commitment to Action
This is informal, and would work better in the description.
We recommend including the most important information at the beginning of the description, and focus on describing why people will want to come to your event. Most readers will skim the first few sentences.
Paste your information as plain text to ensure that formatting is not accidentally carried over. You can paste your content into a text editor such as Note Pad or Text Edit to remove any formatting and then paste it into the calendar description.
Don't use special formatting (font size, color, etc.) other than bold or italic. Only make words bold if they are very important for people to read if they are skimming. Avoid using underlines, as site visitors will mistake underlined text for links.
- DO keep sentences and paragraphs short and easy to scan
- DO double-check your spelling
- DO provide links to relevant content, linking words that accurately describe the linked page
- DO configure all links to external sites to open in a new window
- DO spell out acronyms that may be unfamiliar to most audiences
- DO indicate if an RSVP is required
- DON’T underline important words, instead use bold or italic
- DON’T say "click here," instead link descriptive words
- DON’T paste raw URLs, instead link descriptive words
If you are adding an image to your event, make sure you have all of the rights and permissions to use the image. Images pulled from Google images or from news sources should not be used unless you have explicit written permission.
All images should be 350 pixels wide by 350 pixels tall.